Choosing the right window treatments is one of the most underrated decisions you will make as a home or business owner. The perfect window treatment is both functional and will also pull the room together.
So don’t take this decision lightly!
When you go to a store or look online at blinds, you will typically have the option between standard blinds and custom blinds.
Before you make your decision, read this guide to make sure you have all the information you need to feel confident that you made the right choice!
As the name suggests, standard blinds are named as such because they come in standard sizes that fit average size windows and doors.
- Standard blinds can be cut down if needed (in length or width). But, keep in mind they cannot be made larger
- Generally, standard blinds are less expensive than custom blinds because they are mass-produced
- There are options for different colors, patterns, and textures when selecting standard blinds. You should ask the store representative or check online for your options before making a decision
- Standard blinds are available at most home improvement stores, so you don’t need to go out of your way to find a custom blinds store
- There are limited options. You may not be able to find exactly what you’re looking for when selecting among standard blind options
- The overall fit and aesthetic of standard blinds may not fit your windows perfectly. By going with standard blinds there is a risk that the fit or overall look will not be exactly what you are looking for
If you choose custom blinds you can hand-select the exact style, fabric, and finish of your blinds.
- Guaranteed fit. Custom blinds are made to fit your windows perfectly so you don’t have to worry about ill-fitting blinds
- Lots of options! Custom blinds allow you to hone your inner interior designer skills when choosing the style of blinds you want
- Support from custom blinds expert. When you purchase custom blinds from a reputable specialty custom blinds vendor you have access to an expert to answer all of your questions
- Price. Generally, custom blinds are more expensive than standard blinds.
- Finding a vendor. It may be more difficult to find a specialty custom blinds vendor instead of your general home improvement store or warehouse
If you still need more information before making your choice, check out this buyer’s guide. Also, if you are interested in window treatments specifically for your business, here are a few other unique considerations.
So, Which is Better?
Unfortunately, there is no definitive answer to this question because choosing between standard and custom blinds depends on your budget and what you are looking for.
However, if you want to be absolutely certain that you will have not only the right style but also a perfect fit, custom blinds are the way to go.
Start shopping for the perfect custom blinds today!